D62 Validation data sets with web site access.
This is part of work-package 8500.
WP objectives: Make accessible to all project participants
the data necessary for validating the quality of the
GPS ZTD IWV products and the forecasts.
Methodology/Work Description: The database will contain the radiosonde
and NWP data provided in WP8400, and the precipitation data that is collected
for validating the short-term precipitation forecasts.
* Maintain the validation database; assure acquisition, compilation, and
access to precipitation data provided by met agencies for validation case
* Compile format specifications for each data set
* Maintain a catalogue of access information and location for each data set.
* Describe the project data sets and maintain them in a Project Dataset Description
* Update the Project Dataset Description at 6-month intervals.
Deliverable D62. ACRI-ST maintains are database for validation data.
The database currently contains the following types of data:
Access to data. Access to the data is public. The data are strictly
for non-commercial use. To monitor who gets access to the data password restrictions
apply. If you are interested in the data send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- European radiosonde data extracted by DMI.
- NWP model DMI-HIRLAM estimates of ZTD at the locations of all GPS stations
delivering data for TOUGH.
- 12 hour precipitation data from European network of SYNOP stations
extracted by DMI.